Friday, November 6, 2009

Ambush Bug: Year None #7

This is going to be a very short review, since there's not much to say about this book and , sadly, none of it good.
Yes, nearly a year after the previous issue, the final installment of the latest Ambush Bug mini-series finally hit stores last week.
Do you care?
Probably not.
Should you.
Not one damn bit.

Now let it be known throughout the land that I absolutely love Keith Giffen. I love the Bug, I adore Justice League International. I'm really digging the new Doom Patrol series, especially the Metal Men backup feature. Hell, I even liked Trencher.
But Ambush Bug: Year None #7 is a sad waste of paper.
This issue epitomizes everything that's wrong with the mini-series as a whole:
It was late.
It makes absolutely no freaking sense, even for an Ambush Bug story
And worst of all...especially for Ambush Bug...
It's NOT FUNNY. (I laughed a couple of times while reading this issue the first time, but I was drunk at the time.)
If you love the Bug, go pick up the recent Showcase Presents volume collecting all previous appearances of Irwin Schwab and try your hardest to pretend that this latest travesty never happened.
Don't worry, Keith. I still love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment