Sunday, April 21, 2013

Let's See How Much I Can Write About This One Photo From SPACE

Damn.  Sarah (girlfriend of frequent Gutter Talk commenter Jonathon Riddle) was right.  I was rockin' some SPECTACULAR hair last Sunday. She'd probably hate me if I'd have told her all I did to it that morning was wash it, blow dry it and run my fingers through it a couple of times.  Or maybe not.  She doesn't seem like someone who's overly concerned with hair and make-up.  That's not to say she's unattractive, but that she strikes me as neither vain nor vapid.  
Anyway, the above photo is, as you may have surmised already, of me and Canada Keck at the Sunday Comix table at the 14th annual Small Press and Alternative Comics Expo (SPACE) last weekend.  (Canada's the one wearing the dress.)  I like the way the word balloon in the Sunday Comix logo is pointing at my mouth.  I don't think that was intentional, but its a nice effect anyway.  This picture, by the way, was taken by Michael Neno, and you can see more of his photos from the show on his own blog.
To my right on the table are copies of The Sunday Comix Jam-iversary, the new collection of jam comix that we debuted at the show.  To my left are the bags of comics donated by the other exhibitors which made up the prizes in our raffle to raise money for the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention.  Thanks to the generosity of the exhibitors and patrons at SPACE this year, Sunday Comix was able to donate over $200 to the AFSP.
I'll be back to updating this blog soon, I hope.  I haven't quite been inactive the past week, however.  We of Sunday Comix are already planning our next publication, which we hope to have ready for next year's SPACE.  This is going to be an anthology comic with proceeds also going to the AFSP.  I'll have more details as the project evolves.
Meanwhile, I did pick up some comics at the show and I'll be writing about some of those here in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment