Let's take a look at the choices available:
- Ed "France" Herron--main writer of Green Arrow's Silver Age adventures
- Bob Haney--wrote the Emerald Archer's meetings with Batman and other heroes in The Brave and the Bold and his solo adventures in World's Finest Comics
- Dennis O'Neil--defined the modern interpretation of Green Arrow in the award winning Green Lantern/Green Arrow series
- Elliot S! Maggin--wrote several years worth of GA's adventures in Action Comics
- Mike W. Barr--wrote Green Arrow's first mini-series
- Joey Cavalieri--wrote the Green Arrow series in Detective Comics
- Mike Grell--writer of Green Arrow's first ongoing monthly series
- Kevin Smith--brought Oliver Queen back from the dead in the "Quiver" story line
- Brad Meltzer--followed Smith's run with "The Archer's Quest"
- Judd Winick--wrote most of the remainder of Green Arrow's second series and its follow-up Green Arrow/Black Canary
- J. T. Krul--writer of Green Arrow's current adventures
- Other-- many other talented writers, from Gerry Conway to Alan Moore, have tried their hand at Green Arrow stories over the years, and you may prefer one of them to any of the choices I've listed. If you chose this option, be sure to leave a comment and let me know who you were thinking of.
As usual, the poll will be open for seven days and I'll discuss the results here afterward.
(Also as usual, those reading this on Open Salon, click here to vote.)